The 2009-2010 seasonal influenza "flu" vaccine is available and recommended for the below people: Currently we are awaiting an additional shipment for our offices. The vaccine is available at some local pharmacies and at the county health department. We'll post an update here when it's available again in our offices.
The CDC recommends annual vaccines for:
* Children aged 6 months up to their 19th birthday
* Pregnant women
* People 50 years of age and older
* People of any age with certain chronic medical conditions
* People who live in nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
* People who live with or care for those at high risk for complications from flu, including:
a. Health care workers
b. Household contacts of persons at high risk for complications from the flu
c. Household contacts and out of home caregivers of children less than 6 months of age (these children are too young to be vaccinated)
For more information click to be directed to the CDC website.
We have also ordered vaccines for the novel H1N1 influenza vaccine that is newly being produced. We will post here when it is available.
If you have any questions, please call our offices or make an appointment to discuss with a clinician.
For your assistance: Nevada County Public Health Clinic, 10075 Levone Ave #105 582-7814. Placer County Clini, 8665 Salmon Ave, Kings Beach, 546-1970, Fridays only.